Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Big Bang

This morning, over breakfast, my son asked me to explain to him how the Big Bang occurred. I was caught somewhat off guard and not quite knowing if it was something that he may had simply heard on the tele, but after a couple of questions in response, I realized that this kid really was interested in the origin of things. As this isn't a line of questioning one would expect from a kindergartener, I really started to backpedal and grapple with how I was to explain this (let alone come to terms with my own understanding of the topic).

After a bit of textbook description of the theory, I successfully diverted the conversation to penguins and breathed a great sigh of relief. I'm still, however, dumbfounded by the level of his curiosity...

No comments:

Post a Comment